Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Alfie's (Australian) pies @ Ceintuurbaan


Alfie’s is a take-away restaurant which sells original Australian (savory) pies. Probably not wat you are used to for take-away food, but that's exactly why I liked it so much to try them. I didn't know that these pies were an Australian specialty, but Alfie surely proves that they know how to bake 'm! The puff pastry pies are stuffed with all kinds of different ingredients for a student-friendly price: try for example a chicken pie with asparagus and mushrooms in white wine sauce (€4,50), a pumpkin pie with ginger and fennel (€4,00, my absolute personal favorite!) or a salmon pie with feta cheese and spinach (€5,00). You can eat these pies all day, whether you want them for breakfast when you have a hangover or for dinner when you don't feel like cooking: you will love them! If I wasn't a vegetarian, I'd definitely tried the 'breakfast pie' (bacon, eggs and tomatoes), just because I like the idea :-) Guten appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment