Thursday, August 23, 2012

Organic candy @ Nieuwe Hoogstraat


When it comes to food, I like to live very conscious. I am a vegetarian so I don't eat both meat and fish, but I also try to eat as less food with food preservatives as possible. At work however, we have a huuuge candy jar and since I love sweets I do like to eat some candies while working.

I had a discussion this week with a colleague about the fact that it is actually kind of strange to be so conscious about eating i.e. bread without preservatives and eating organic vegetables but to eat candies which are made with gelatin (which is also made out of the bones of a cow) without even thinking about it. We agreed that it is not that easy to find good-tasting organic candies. But when I walked down Nieuwe Hoogstraat this morning, I discovered Candy Freaks: a lovely little store which actually sells loads of organic sweets!

I just had to take a look inside so I walked into the store and looked around a bit. The owner greeted me very friendly and immediately showed me around. He let me taste all kinds of different candies and told me what made these sweets so special. The one you see on the picture above for example, are made on a farm and are probably the only sweets that entirely exist of fruit. As you can see, there even are still raspberry seeds within them!

Candy Freaks sells sweets without gelatin, sugar and vegetarian-approved sweets. Furthermore, they have organic chocolates, sweet and salty organic popcorn and if you really don't want to try the organic ones you can buy classical sweets here as well. I can really recommend you to go here and have a look yourself, please don't hesitate to ask the owners for advice because they are really really nice people. Enjoy!

Check out for more info: https://www.facebook.com/candy.freaks.nl


No comments:

Post a Comment