Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Stadsboeren - Grow your own veggies @ A'dam!


I would love to have a garden but still I really don't want to move back to the country side again. Therefore, the project of Stadsboeren which I recently accidentally ran in to, makes me very happy! In the Bellamy Garden in Amsterdam West, Stadsboeren creates a mini garden for everyone in Amsterdam who is interested in having one. The project is only temporary, and the objective is to give the wasteland a new destination as long as no new houses are built. If you take part in the project, you get you own (small) wooden container where you can grow vegetables, fruit, herbs or even flowers. Of course, since it is winter now there aren't to many things growing at the moment but...spring is near!
If you love to cook like I do, what is better than having your herbs home-grown? I think the project is also a nice way to meet some people from your neighborhood, which is something that doesn't happen too easily in Amsterdam.

If you are interested, send an e-mail to info@stadsboeren.org or just go and have a look at Bellamyplein.

1 comment:

  1. So nice, I tried to get one. But my rtw trip didn't allowed me. When I'm back, I def wil try to do it again. Love this!
    FS

    ReplyDelete